In today’s industrial electrical networks, high harmonic content would damage standard fixed or automatic capacitor banks. The ReactiVar® range of Anti-Resonant Power Factor capacitor banks is specifically designed to provide power factor correction. Iron core reactors are added in series with capacitor modules. The reactors tune the bank below the first dominant harmonic (usually the 5th). Below the tuning point, the system appears capacitive and thus corrects power factor in the system. Above the turning point, the system appears inductive and thus the resonance is minimized. It also has the added advantage to remove up to 50% of the 5th harmonic current in the system.
- Voltage rating range from 208 V to 600 V
- Capacity available up to 1500 kVAR at 600 V
- Thermal-protected iron-core reactors preventing network resonance
- Capacitor-switching rated contactor with proven reliability
- Sophisticated power factor controller options
- Backlit display on controller shows current power factor, stage status, load and reactive currents, THD values, alarm conditions and more
- QED switchboard-style section constructed of 12-gauge steel frame covered with removable 16-gauge steel panels
- NEMA 1 indoor enclosures finished with ASA 49 (ASA 61 optional) gray
- CSA and CSA-US listed
- Industrial, commercial, institutional applications with harmonic-sensitive applications.